Friday 6 March 2009

making mothers present


I decided to make my mum and my MIL a mothers day present this year and racked my brains for a few days as to what.., neither are big earring or bracelet wearers.

I know my mum has admired the seed bead twisted necklaces before and hopefully my MIL likes them as well, I think she will , she has bought a number of necklaces off me lately and fingers crossed the necklace will suit her, hers will be in red or blue and black.
I've had these bugle beads for years after buying a huge lot for pennies ,I've never used them till now. It took me sooooooooo long to make ( about 6 hrs in all ) so I don't think I'll be making these to sell,lol.
The harderst part ( apart from losing whole strings of beads time and time again , grrrr ! ) was getting it to twist, but trial and error and a bit of luck and I got there in the end.
Hopefully the next one will go a bit quicker as I know what I'm doing now ( lol, she says ) , soon as its done I'll pop it on here
and maybe I might make one for myself .... if doing the 2nd one doesn't drive me stark raving mad ,lol

1 comment: